The sauce is fantastic, and not at all spicy... it complements the delicate fish well. I loved how easy it was to prepare - blend, baste, and grill!
Cilantro Ginger Tilapia
Slightly Adapted from Martha Stewart
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeds and white pith removed
- 1 piece fresh ginger (1 inch), peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tilapia fillets (4-6 ounces each)
- Combine garlic, jalapeno pepper, ginger, lime juice, and cilantro in the jar of a blender. Cover blender, and remove the stopper. Turn on blender, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Process until mixture is bright green and smooth. Season cilantro sauce to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Season both sides of fillets with salt and black pepper. Brush the top of each fillet with 1 tablespoon cilantro sauce.
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-low heat. Spray with olive oil and allow oil to heat up. Place tilapia in pan, grill until fish has just cooked through but is still moist, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove fish from pan, drizzle with additional cilantro sauce, and serve.