Enjoy this sweet and slightly spicy easy slow-cooker meal!
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame ChickenSource: Slightly adapted from The Dainty Chef
Yield: Serves 4
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, pressed or grated
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- sesame seeds
- Season both sides of chicken with lightly with salt and pepper, put into crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Replace lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Shred chicken or cut into bite size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce. Serve chicken over rice or noodles, garnish with sesame seeds.